Sunday, September 8, 2013

What is Failure?


Failure only means it is something you can cross off your list that you weren't supposed to do. Failure only guides us in the direction we are supposed to go. Failure doesn't mean you lost, it only means you were redirected.

In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.  - Psalm 71:1-3

This can be a difficult concept to learn, it was for me.
In the Psalms David talks about how his enemies have gloated over him and scoffed, but he also talks about his continued hope and guidance that the Lord has and will give him. Even though he has faced some "setbacks" he still remains full of faith and praise. How do we keep an attitude of confidence in the Lord when we experience disappointment? We change our perspective. Failure is only the Lord's way of leading us in a different direction. We must not let that become a reflection that we take upon ourselves - assuming it was our fault...we are not gifted, talented, capable, ect. Instead we keep our hope in the Lord and as David did, believing that he will redeem, restore and bring to pass all that he has promised. It might not come in the package we expected, but it will come. Try and try again!


For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans of good and not evil plans to give you a future and a hope.  - Jer. 29:11

 

1 comment: