Monday, September 9, 2013

Facebook Failing

I was chatting with this guy the other day on facebook about how he had just resigned from his job due to being sexually harassed by a coworker.  At first I was kind of taken back and didn't really have any idea how or what words to use to reply.  While I started typing he said he felt so down and that he had lost everything now.  Well I supposed that was a natural sensation to have at the time being but to continue feeling down like so because of that, even how bad it was, seemed just stupidity to me.

I'd like to turn to Psalm 71 again, a great place to take issues like this.  King David sure knew what he was writing then and it still applies today.  I'm just going to quote some verses but I strongly recommend you read the whole chapter.


"For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.

Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.

    
By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee.
    
I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge.
     
 
Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day"



He thanked me for that and some other inspirational words I added to but there was still the anger thing at this person whom had done this horrific tragedy.
I wanted to get off the computer, which isn't the best excuse I know, but I didn't use scripture.  I made it cut and dry to him.  "Man, look, he did a very bad thing and even got fired for it;  don't you think you should pray for him, even though it is difficult?"  Of course, "Yes, I should, you're right."

Hopefully he does just that and pray for the man, no matter how difficult, so he doesn't do the bad things again.
You need to do the same, if somebody hurts you, pray for that person, that they don't hurt others...It really does work!

1 comment: